On September 10, 1945, one week after declaration of the famous 12 Shahrivar (September 3) manifest and the announcement of the establishment of Azerbaijan Democrat Party (ADP), Seyed Jafar Pishevari gave a speech about the party and their target for one hour and half. An abstract of the speech was published in Azerbaijan Newspaper. I will try to translate the speech from its Farsi version translated by Sirus Madadi that can be found here.




About the foundation of the Azerbaijan Democrat Party (ADP)

By: Seyed Jafar Pishevari


About two and half years ago, I proved here that Iran would pass this war (the World War II) undamaged. I have the same opinion yet. There is no doubt about that since the international politicians have guarantied that.
The subject of the independency (independency of south Azerbaijan from Iran) is not a debatable subject and nobody wants to deny that. Blessed Mosavat, one of the pervious leaders of the Democrat Party, did recommend us to avoid proposing the independency. He said “This can be discussed when it is doubtable and discussable. The independency of Iran is a firm and indisputable subject.”
I pointed out this intentionally to avoid misusing of our clear slogans by some partials.
(While he was drawing the map of Iran with his finger on air, he said :) I clearly do exclaim that our words and requests are not out of this map. Our discussion is about the inside of the borders of Iran. If all consider this again, our discussion and agreement will be easy.
Attendances can remember my extended second speech. In that time, I was elected by 16000 Azerbaijani for the parliament. Perhaps, most of the audiences of that speech are here now. Considering the condition of the country, I said that the country could not be saved from adversity just by a member of the parliament. I was so regretful that day because a worker kissed my shoulder enthusiastically and said, “Go, I entrusted you to god. You may be able to treat our pains”. I knew that until the condition of the country, especially Tehran, was not changed, I would not be able to fulfill the ambition of that worker. Because of that, I asked people for help that day and said:” A member of the parliament cannot do anything lonely. People should take hand of one another to find a solution for their problems.”


Seyed Jafar Pishevari
to be continued...